Thread: How much is.......

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default How much is.......

Video: How much is your coffee habit costing you?
    1:33PM Friday March 28, 2008

Bernard Hickey of interest.co.nz has done some calculations on what New Zealanders' daily coffee habits are costing them and the results are somewhat startling.

Click on the link to the right to watch his special briefing on how giving up could benefit you financially in the longterm.

Find the link on here .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Watch it carefully and ask yourself if you trust a man who says he's a financial advisor, but doesn't know the relationship between days, weeks and years!

Here's how it works in our house. 1kg of coffee beans cost $37. One single shot of espresso uses 14g of ground coffee. That's about 70 cups of coffee per kilo or 52 cents per cup. A double shot uses 28g of coffee and costs about a dollar a go. You can only have one of those if you come round on Sundays!

Burgundy21 is offline Member

Yes Koko but how much did the AMAZING machine cost...;surely you have to build in wear and tear per cup ?

keep on brewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy21 View Post
    Yes Koko but how much did the AMAZING machine cost...;surely you have to build in wear and tear per cup ?
    Hey B, I drank three cups while I worked this out! Let's say the machine will last for ten years (hopefully more) and I make four cups of coffee a day, 365 days a year. Over ten years, that's 14,600 cups. Let's call it 15,000 for the days when two cups aren't enough. Even with electricity, water and cleaning, I reckon it will cost less than 15 cents per cup on top of the price of the coffee beans. That's still a long way from paying off a mortgage!

Burgundy21 is offline Member

OK 67 cents a cup it is then, but you can't put a price on the welcome chez les Kokos!! Glad you are still cycling, what did you come in Le Race?

I finished in the top half, although I'm not sure any great achievement. It was a good day out, which (for me) is the main thing. I might put a bigger cog on my back wheel next year though....