Thread: Would you go?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Would you go?

I was just reading this and it crossed my mind to ask how many of you, given the opportunity, would take the chance of going into space. Something to ponder on a lazy Sunday.

Personally I would say that, although I'd love to experience what space has to offer, I really don't think I could go through the training and also the actual flight as I suffer quite badly with motion sickness (although, happily, not as badly as I used to). Having seen these astronauts being spun around in those whirling machines, it makes me feel queasy just watching them. I think I'll pass on that one.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

I would definitely go ... but, considering the danger, probably at a time when I was not responsible for the upbringing of four kids.

I would hope it would be a flight far enough from the earth to be able to see it as from a satellite or space station ... sightseeing is particularly important when you've spent a fortune going into space. I don't think it would though.

Of course, money would be a problem for most of us ... perhaps it would be more prudent to save for retirement!
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Although I'd love to be up in space to look around, I also have trouble with motion sickness. Maybe if they can make launching no worse than a plane flight and reasonably priced, I'd go. In the meantime, I'd like to see a bit of Antarctica.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s