Thread: Did I miss it?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Talking Did I miss it?

Sad person as I am, I'd been waiting in anticipation of seeing how many members showed up in the birthday section on Nov.30th but I forgot to check on the actual day. No doubt I was around the forum that day, but can't remember seeing anything that caught my eye, like 500+ people's names at the bottom who didn't insert their d.o.b. in their profile and ended up with a default date of 30th November.

Guess either nothing happened or everyone who saw it turned a blind eye.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

kokopeli is offline God like figure

MB,

The Chch contigent had a right old knees up in their honour. Oh you should have been there. There was singing and dancing and food galore. Cake, cake and more cake. In fact, there's a bit left in our fridge if you pop round later!

Blog Entries

Thanks, Koko, you windup merchant.

I could have popped down to share some cake with you but I'm in Schweiz at the moment so even further to come than from Oman. Save me a cyber piece until I get home please.
    Mother Bear

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I hope you report on your trip to the Alps upon your return, MB. I missed the Nov. 30 birthday party, too.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

Nothing very exciting, Selchie. Hubster was there on a business trip and our hotel was in a very industrial/commercial area and, consequently, not very attractive. First 2 days were very wet so I didn't venture out and really there wasn't anything much in the area to venture out to. Third day we were taken out to lunch at an Italian restaurant by several Swiss gentlemen and learnt a bit about the area and how expensive life in Switzerland is. Fourth day was a non-working day for hubster so we took a 4-hour trip of Zurich by bus, cable car and ferry just so we could say we'd seen something of the city.

Have to say it was painfully cold (around freezing point) and was getting colder by the day. I felt sooooo sorry for hubster's Omani colleague who had accompanied us because he was totally unprepared for the cold of a European winter. He only had on a thin jumper (pullover) and thin fleece jacket and looked like he was really suffering although he never complained. I spent most of my time fretting over his wellbeing as he didn't seem to eat much either. He went home the day before we did and looked so happy to be leaving and going back to his own food and a bit of warmth. It's quite a problem when you've never experienced REAL cold before and usually get by with wearing just a thin white dress (dishdasha) and a fancy hat or turban, even in winter. Must admit we ourselves were pretty glad to feel the gentle warmth of an Omani winter's night when we got off the plane. I did get a chance to use my smattering of German though, Gave me hope that my brains cells and memory banks were still functioning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mother Bear