Thread: Calling all Tauranga members!.....

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Calling all Tauranga members!.....

Hey peeps,

I have a friend who is living in Mount Maunganui who has recently moved over here from Yorkshire with her husband and 11 year old daughter, who is in need of a coffee-buddy! She's feeling a bit isolated and lonely, and would love to meet up with someone local to have a chat and and a cuppa.

If there's anyone around the Tauranga/Mount Maunganui area who'd be interested in being a friend to this lovely lady, drop me a PM and I'll give you her phone number.

Cheers

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

There's Fingerscrossed, but haven't seen her on here since just after Maggie left. She was always up for a coffee and a chat. Maybe Maggie's tenants would be interested?

Hope that someone can take her under their wing, as it makes all the difference to settling well in a new place.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

missvee is offline Senior Member

Default Lonely

Hi WG and MB. i live in Ohope which is just over an hours drive from Tauranga. If she is in the neighborhood or just wants a chat she is welcome.
    Vee

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hi Vee,

Thanks so much for the offer, I will PM you her phone number.

Any more takers?

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Hi all,

sorry I don't get much chance to come on here now (can't think why, maybe because I seem to spend any spare time now trying to ), but Alex is having a big nap and the other 2 are watching TV for toddlers, so I'm having some computer time!! Just caught up with this thread - I will e-mail a link to it to friends in Tauranga and Mount Maunganui, and either get them to respond directly to it if they are members of this forum, or ask them to let me PM their contact details to WG to pass on to her friend (if that makes any sense!! I only had 3 hours sleep last night!!)

I really miss my coffee and chat sessions with my buddies in Tauranga/the Mount - it just doesn't seem to be so popular over here, and there are very few cafes in Salisbury which are toddler/buggy friendly so we tend to "do coffee" in people's houses instead.

Hope all's well with everyone in forum land, and lots of luck to Jon and Lucy and family for their medicals tomorrow - wonder how many pints Jon will be knocking back tomorrow night!!!

Maggie xx

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemoo View Post
    wonder how many pints Jon will be knocking back tomorrow night!!!
    He'd just better not come on here carousing and falling all over the place, smashing things . We like to keep a tidy forum, you know.

Maggie, try this for size . You might manage a few extra hour's sleep. Only joking, of course.

And yes........ to Jon and Lucy. You'll be fine.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.