Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking In

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Checking In

Hello,

I just wanted to say hi! I'm still here and looking in from time to time. Since returning from NZ a month ago my life has not been my own. It has belonged to my employers, my son and The Open Polytechnic of NZ. Between working, taking care of my son and studying, any free time I find I sit on the couch like a vegetable - still like broccoli.

At the moment, there is very little I can do about moving to NZ until I finish my course. I have also started a new project at work. We are moving into a new building that is in the construction phase at the moment and I am acting as Project Manager and Interior Designer for a 15,000 sq. ft. space. I can't wait to really get my teeth into this as I absolutely love dealing with architects, engineers, contruction workers and suppliers. It looks like I will be flying to Toronto in the next month or so to visit a custom wall panel manufacturer. That will certainly be a first for me.

I think that when I do have an estimated date of arrival in NZ I will have to let Paul know that I would love to find a job in the construction industry! I saw a job posted for a large construction firm on the outskirts of Auckland. It sounded perfect for me but alas the timing is not right.

How is everyone doing? Mother Bear, WG, Taffy and Dawn? I see that you are keeping very busy with the radio. I haven't actually tuned in. When I think about it I usually have already missed it because of the time difference.

Well, I don't want to start boring you so I will sign off. Wish I was back in NZ!

All the best,
    Shell
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hey Shell, nice to see you back Nice to know that you are still thinking of us, even though your life is so busy at the moment - poor you Still, all for the greater good I guess

We are all fine, MoveToNZ is plodding along and the radio is....well.... crazy on a Saturday night! Dawn is an ace presenter and we've had some real laughs so far

Good luck with everything and keep checking in from time to time
    Last edited by Welshgirl; 03-09-2007 at 03:20 PM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Shell

Good to see you're still keeping an eye on us. It's a lot quieter around here with you and BG absent. With your busy lifestyle I hope you're managing to find some time to yourself to chill out and relax.

Shame about the missed job near Auckland but let's hope that special job will come out of the blue when you're ready to take it on.

I, for one, am doing fine. Still rattling around here, waiting for our turn to come but it gets a little nearer with each passing day.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you do well on your course and it will open new doors for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    ....... waiting for our turn to come but it gets a little nearer with each passing day.

Blog Entries

Don't panic, WG, you've still got plenty of time to plan an escape route.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Already planned MB, already planned It was Taffy's suggestion actually, it was, really, he even told me he told Dawn about it, and she wants to use our escape route now when she knows you're on your way, it's true
    Last edited by Welshgirl; 03-09-2007 at 10:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post
    It was Taffy's suggestion actually, it was, really, he even told me he told Dawn about it
    Hah! I've got him on the run. Nothing like the threat of me wielding a pair of scissors to send him scurrying off.
    Mother Bear

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Don't bring my barnet in to this!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

WG I don't need an escape route (there should be a smilie wearing a super-hero cape standing with hands on hips here) I shall stand and face....THE BEAR! [SIZE="1"] Then I shall run away vair vair fast with my tail between my legs whimpering like a wolfling[LIST]

What we are really planning for your much awaited arrival in NZ is beyond imagining, it involves the National Guard, brass instruments, the Prime Minister, bare-back riding, lard and raspberry roulade.

Can't wait!!!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

What we are really planning for your much awaited arrival in NZ is beyond imagining, it involves the National Guard, brass instruments, the Prime Minister, bare-back riding, lard and raspberry roulade.
    You forgot to mention the neon-pink lycra body-suit and the 23 sheep! C'mon mate, if you're gonna give the game away, give the game away properly Or were the body-suit and the sheep a secret??

See the thread you've started now Shell, you and your 'checking in' , all this talk of brass instruments and raspberry roulade is all your fault
    Last edited by Welshgirl; 04-09-2007 at 11:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast