Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What things must you do before you die

RedAlligator is offline Member

Default What things must you do before you die

What are the things you would like to do before you die, besides moving to NZ that is or have you done any of your must do things.

I will come back later and put mine on, sorry started this thread and have to disappear. At work you see and too many people hanging around (i.e. boss) so catch ya later but look forward to hearing yours in the meantime.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hmm, thought-provoking stuff.....

Here's what I want to do, in no particular order of importance:

Move to New Zealand - check
    Go zorbing - check
    Swim with dolphins - check
    See my kids grow up and have happy, healthy & settled lives (way to go on this one, my youngest is only 7!)
    See everything there is to see in the South Island - been here 2 1/2 years and still haven't managed to get there
    Visit Canada - don't ask me why, always just been a dream of mine.
    Have enough money to live comfortably and leave my kids financially stable (way to go on this one too!).
    See the 'most ever visitors online' on MoveToNZ hit 100,000!
    Do volunteer work with children and/or animals.

This is starting to sound like a speech from one of the Miss World contestants now, sorry

Can't think of any more for now, but I'm sure I will as soon as I click 'submit reply', so I'll add them as and when....
    Last edited by Welshgirl; 27-06-2007 at 02:25 PM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I think I'm going to be boring on this one. I don't seem to have that many aspirations to jot down. Maybe because I'm further along the line than most of you here.

One of my main desires throughout my life was that I get to live in a country that was a lot warmer and drier than the UK and also to experience a different way of life. Well, I think I've surpassed my expectations on that one, having lived in several hot, dry countries amongst people of a very different culture. In this respect I feel quite priviledged and content and, although I would still like to do a lot of travelling to other countries, I'll just take it as it comes. I don't have any burning desire to rush off to any particular country at the moment. If I was a lot younger, I think I would have liked to do a round-the-world trip, have all sorts of adventures and generally see all the world has to offer, but I feel that time has passed now and I'm happy with what I've seen and done. And, of course, the best is yet to come when we finally settle in NZ (NZIS permitting).

Other than that, I just wish that my sons, their families and ourselves have long, happy and healthy lives.

See, told you it'd be boring.

Oh, one more thing that's just occured to me - I'd really like to see the NZIS site revamped in a more user-friendly format so that I (and thousands of others) don't have to spend hour upon hour trawling through it just to find one little answer to one little question for the forum. It drives me potty being sent in ever decreasing circles and getting nowhere. There's no need for it to be so complicated.

There, that was a different sort of wish, wasn't it?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

RedAlligator is offline Member

Not boring at all Mother Bear, all really interesting.

Heres some of mine.

Things I really really want to do and would be totally gutted if never got the chance to do them so fingers crossed it will happen one day but:

Visit South America and Russia and travel on the Trans Siberian Express. My grandmother was Russian so would love to check out where she was from.

Swim with dolphins as well.
    Get up close to a cheetah
    Travel on the Orient Express
    Visit Alaska
    Meet a real famous person and be able to hold a proper conversation without making a complete dick of myself - this one I fear is an impossibility! Not the meeting a famous person, thats possible but me not making a dick of myself!!
    Get a degree - dont ask me what in, no idea but would love to go to Uni as never did it when I was younger.
    Go to the oscars!!!! No chance but one can dream!

Some of the ones I can tick off my list are:

Seeing the Northern Lights in Canada
    Having a ride in a hot air balloon
    Acting in a play on stage - this was the scariest thing I have ever ever done in my whole life! and not sure I would repeat it. I just wanted to know whether I could act or not.
    Clay pigeon shooting - although I was completely pants and didnt hit a thing.
    White Water Rafting - brilliant.

Thats all I can think of at the mo.

Anyone else for anyone else?

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Let's see, how about attaining perfection (e.g. perfect understanding, perfect happiness, perfect love). I keep working on it, but doubt I'll finish in this lifetime. If I do, I'll send a postcard from Nirvana. A more practical goal would be to grow even closer to perfection.

Paint more. I'd love to paint well enough and prolifically enough to be well-regarded and sought after, like many local artists I admire. I also just plain enjoy making art, and will continue even if in obscurity.

I also would like to see an aurora - borealis or australis, I don't care.

Travel more - I can't name all the places I would like to go. I love seeing and learning about different cultures and natural environments.

Learn more stuff. I can't be more specific. This kind of ties in with the perfection goal in that both relate to personal growth. I hate the idea of stagnating. That's a living death to me.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Live to be old enough to know when it's time to go.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Yep. To be satisfied with what I've done, but not finishing everything so that I'm bored at the end.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Banjo.Jon is offline Finger Picking Good!!!

Fairly boring for me but I'd like to see my kids grow up, start there own families and enjoy themselves, hopefully all this will be in New Zealand.

I'd also like to go and see all our relatives that have moved abroad over the years before they or I die!!! My godparents live in Australia, they moved out a month after my christening, and I've never really met them.
    Landed in NZ, 13th August 2008

Web http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking about this one.............
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

missvee is offline Senior Member

Im thinking too, can you hear me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast