Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meets!!

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Meets!!

Just thought I'd drop a quick note on here to say we met up with Hatter5s family on Sunday. We went round there house in the afternoon and ended up staying for dinner which was a double bonus.
    They prepared a really nice meal and it was soooo great to have someone to talk to who you had familiar ground with. Like Carolynne (fingerscrossed) said, it does feel a bit lonely at times having no good friends and not masses in common with some of the new folk you meet.

Short of starting an 'expat clique' I would highly reccommend hooking up with folks from the forum if they're local or if you're passing, it was really refreshing for us and good to reinspire each other.

If anyone else is in or heading to Wellington you're more than welcome to drop us a PM or something and we'll arrange a meet.

Cool

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Meets!!

Oh that's great! I'm so pleased for you all. It must be very good for the soul, meeting up with also-newly-arriveds and comparing notes and experiences.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Meets!!

Hello hEllo!! I am coming over to Wellington in 1st week of Sep. Perhaps I can come round too..?

Pulsarblu

Default Meets!!

Cool, you coming by yourself or with wife also, Pulsarblu, sure we couild meet up? Drop me a PM?

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Meets!!

I am coming on my own first.. Will drop u a PM..

Thanks!

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Meets!!

Hmm. This Saturday some of us expats (just Yanks for now - me, brian [aka strdrb or something like that] may be going, and an old flatmate, and Kyle, a fellow Yank that Brian and I met at the Wellies meeting) are going tramping at Red Rocks on the south shore of Wellington.

Default Meets!!

Tramping, not for me after a week at work, dont think the kids would be up for that either. I'll follow you in 4wd [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif]

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Meets!!

If anyone else is in or heading to Wellington you're more than welcome to drop us a PM or something and we'll arrange a meet.
    Stevey its going to have to be your place this time - Still no job, empty cupboards, using candles to heat the place, Telecom bill has arrived....

Seriously though it is great to share a bit of empathy with fellow migrants - why should the support stop just because you have arrived in NZ? As we discover many unforeseen challenges ahead and it's far easier to discuss them rather than to just post messages.

Must warn you Stevey Ang still has notions of a girlie night out with Claire leaving the hunter gatherer's behind with the offspring.....

Default Meets!!

It's not happening she's banned from the outdoors, the lounge, and dining room. Only the Kitchen, Utility, Bathroom and Bedroom are permitted areas. [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif] [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif] [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif]

Is that your telephone bill or leccy bill? Still not had leccy bill, perhaps I should fill in the forms and send them back ::)

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Meets!!

Hi Stevey,
    How are you settling in now? Are you enjoying your new job? I miss reading your long posts! [smiley=icon_sad.gif]
    Hope you're all well and happy and warmer!
    Debra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast