Thread: Terror attacks on London

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Terror attacks on London

Just a note to send our wishes out to all those involved and related to people caught up in the horrific attacks on London.

As with every 'war', it's always many innocent killed and injured for the beliefs of the few.

Let's just hope that whoever is responsible is brought to justice, and soon.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

kiwi_fairy is offline Senior Member

a friend of mine wrote this on another forum I'm on. You need to be familiar with LOTR to "get" it. I thought it was fantastic.

[quote:53f932f8e4]Like so many others, I was quite upset by the news out of England yesterday. I posted some despairing thoughts elsewhere and a friend reminded me that we cannot let the darkness win. That, in turn, reminded me of my favorite scene from the LOTR movies - the lighting of the beacons. The result is the following drabble:

A dark night, a dark day. The tide of hope ebbs low. ?We are out-numbered!? ?We cannot prevail!? But then a spark is lit. The tinder catches fire and light blazes against the sky. As if by magic, an answering flame comes from the distant hill. Now the fire jumps from mountain to mountain, carrying the message, asking for hope and help. Now, ?they will come,? people whisper, and word travels as swiftly as flames. Resolve grows. Backs straighten. Weapons are shouldered once again. ?We are still out-numbered, but we will hold. We will not give in to the dark.? [/quote:53f932f8e4]

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I see they've been at it again. With no-one killed this time, thankfully. Don't these people realise that the more they attack, the more excuses they give Bush and Blair to stoke the fires of war?

Are there any countries left in this world that dont have political unrest, extremists, civil wars, corruption and just general violence? :icon_frown:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

nattydread is offline God like figure

No.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Maybe Monaco or Lichtenstein. But NZ seems to be doing relatively well in the peacable nation category, doesn't it?
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

'Peacable' is a word for the Dictionary thread Selchie :icon_wink:

But yes, we are pretty peacable over here fortunately - it's one of the things that we like about the country actually, and hopefully it will stay that way.