Thread: The difference between Lions and All Blacks Fans

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default The difference between Lions and All Blacks Fans

To be expected, but none the less still disappointing!

Watching the first test of the Lions v All Blacks and the camera pans the crowds close up...

All Black fans excited and cheering, having a good time, waving at the camera...

Camera moves to a young (early teen) Lions fan, and without hesitation he sticks his fingers up to the camera, with the very pleasant 'V' signs.

Way to show your country up, fella!

:icon_evil:
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

netchicken is offline Senior Member

On the news last night they said that despite 1000's of Lion fans in chch last night there were less arrests and less hospital admitions than a normal saturday. (Mind you the terrible weather may have contributed to it as well).

I made a rare visit into central christchurch on Sunday and the place was swarming in people with red jackets. Funny as all the locals would be out in the malls, only the tourists were in the city. They were overwhelmingly male and middle aged.

It was a miserable couple of days to be a tourist in chch.

I think Umanga should miss the next tests based on the video of the spear tackle. It would be good for public relations, and its obvious the AllBlacks would win without him anyway.

Otherwise the next tests are going to be mere formalities without much excitement.

Maybe we could even up the teams more by having the All Blacks tie one leg behind their backs as well :)

netchicken is offline Senior Member

So waddaya think of the second test?
    Was that a decisive stomping or what?

Having taken out the Lions best players early on it seems all they had left were second stringrs.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

To sum it all up, I reckon no-one could accuse the Lions of not playing with any heart, but they simply were not good enough to beat the All Blacks. They made a cracking start, went 7-0 up in the first 3 minutes, and I thought this was going to be the match of all matches, but by the end the All Blacks might just have well have been playing the local boys school..... It was very disappointing and I can only imagine how the Lions will be feeling as they go in to play the last match next week.

That said, it seemed like there was a great atmosphere in the Cake Tin, and Lions fans appeared to be enjoying themselves just as much as the All Blacks fans, albeit with a hint of disappointment on their faces.....

Lots of scrapping going on between the players during the match though, bit uncalled for imho, but seemed to me like six of one and half a dozen of the other.... hey ho, that's rugby for you :icon_wink:

P.S. All credit to All Black Daniel Carter who had an awesome match :023:

Jodie is offline Senior Member
    Tauranga (since May 2007) - Wellington for 3 years before that!

Well, despite the score, it was a great night out on Saturday in Welly - an absolutely FANTASITC atmosphere! I've never been anywhere and seen such a sea of red shirts, and everyone was out to have a good time. It really was a fantastic day (we started at 3:30pm..... :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif to get a good spot in the bar of course!) and not once did i see or hear any bad behaviour - just all having fun and a bit of playful banter between the kiwis and the lions fans.

Don't think theres gonna be anything like again for a long time in Welly. (Good job methinks cos it could take a while for everyone to recover!! :icon_lol: )

Jod
    :icon_cool: