Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is KMart

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default What is KMart

The shop in Tauranga on the web cam that taffy gave us a link to...

Open till 9 every night.. looks like a nice shopping centre that Bayfair one.

I've never seen the cinema open though,,

What I do like doing, is around 4 or 5 in the evening here, getting the Marina cam up and watching the sun come up...
    Fantastic..
    Maybe one day I'll be able sit on my yacht and watch it for real..

Here's hoping.

http://www.citynews.co.nz/webcams/citycam.php

thats the link for the web cam again.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default What is KMart

K-Mart is pretty much like the UK Woolworths, with all sorts of household goods, garden, toys, clothing etc. Not a bad place to go for certain things!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

kiwi_fairy is offline Senior Member

Default What is KMart

Walmart is better. :icon_mrgreen: do you have Walmart?

NickampJacky Guest

Default What is KMart

We have a kind of wal-mart...it's called ASDA, everybody goes round with lose change in their back pocket & patting their butt. Wal-mart bought ASDA a while back.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default What is KMart

[quote:eb094e89d8]What I do like doing, is around 4 or 5 in the evening here, getting the Marina cam up and watching the sun come up...
    Fantastic.. [/quote:eb094e89d8]

Thanks Craig I never even though of looking at that time.

buckeye Guest

Default Walmart

I certainly hope Walmart does not get a foothold in NZ!! They are a large corporation that moves into communities and steals customers from small independant businesses. These small businesses are the very fabric of communities because their owners are part of that community. They live there, they pay taxes there and they care about what happens to the people in the community. Walmart, on the other hand, is owned by billionairs in Arkansas who dont give a hoot about actual people in the communities. Walmart also has a reputation for treating their employees very poorly. Whatever small amount you may save by shopping there is not worth the cost in the long run.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default What is KMart

Amen, Buckeye!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

Default What is KMart

Yep, Amen to that!

I hate Wal-Mart. One of the reasons I moved to New Zealand was to get away from them.....ok, just joking there.

Wal-Mart is a takeoff of KMart. Some guy with the surname of Kletschner or something like that started the stores up in Michigan in the early 1900's.

He kinda new people wouldn't find his surname all that catchy (smart guy) so it was KMart from the start.

Wal-Mart (the founder was Bill Walton) started in the 50's I think, with the same type of business model.

If Wal-Mart does try to come here then I will fully take up my American right to try and sue them! :icon_lol:

A note on KMart in NZ and Aussie - it's now a company completely owned by Australia. The US owners sold them in the 80's, and the US stores have taken a beating since. Filed for bankruptcy in 2002...but they are still operating. Their troubles mainly came about because Wal-Mart has engaged in some pretty illegal stuff with purchasing products for cheaper than what's available to their competitors. There's a law against it, but when your the biggest company in the world who's gonna call you out on it?

And it doesn't help when they (US KMart) made a few bad business decisions. But they could be a lot better off if "Wally World" hadn't had those tricks up their sleeves.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default What is KMart

[quote:7765e69b61="Taffy"]K-Mart is pretty much like the UK Woolworths[/quote:7765e69b61]

You wouldn't get controversy like that above in Woolies...

kiwi_fairy is offline Senior Member

Default What is KMart

...wow...I'm...a steady Walmart shopper...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast