Thread: The tears and anguish!

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default The tears and anguish!

Don't mean to depress the happy tone of the Coffee House, but daughter (11) has given her pet rabbit away. :icon_cry:

A school friend has said she will have it and my daughter parted company with her adored pet.

Two days ago we took the said bunny, his hutch, a large 8ftx8ft pen, his toys and food. Today we go back with a smaller pen we had forgotten ... and find the rabbit has been shut in his hutch all day long - and get this - [i:c93277d9ea]in a greenhouse[/i:c93277d9ea]. :icon_eek: icon_exclaim.gif The big pen has not been put up and the rabbit looks really unhappy. :icon_frown: More tears. :icon_cry:

Fortunately, the visit was quick as half the family were in the car waiting to go out and we had just caught them. However ... I have one very tortured daughter, especially with some hot weather coming. I think I have a very diplomatic phone call to make tomorrow. :icon_sad:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Oh Glenda that's awful. Can you not get the rabbit back and give it to someone a liitle more responsible? I will be thinking about the bunny now!

I hope your daughter feels happier once you have made the phone call.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Yeah, good luck with your phone call Glenda - people like that shouldn't have animals if they can't be responsible. Hopefully it was a one-off and they'll start to treat the rabbit better, especially after you've spoken to them. Perhaps then your daughter can pay another visit in the near future, to put her mind at rest.....

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Update on bunny watch ...

Had a long conversation with daughter's friend's mother and she says she has just mown the lawn where bunny's pen and hutch are going ... and he will definitely not be bunny broiled in the greenhouse. ::): Big relief! Furthermore, they all love bunny (he [i:b216f919c9]is[/i:b216f919c9] cute), love cuddling him and will make sure he is in the shade.

Really big relief. Can tell daughter that bunny is (hopefully) being cared for. ::): There is only one hitch ... they are looking at and considering a move to New Zealand. :icon_neutral: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

::):
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

bunny watch...... lol :icon_lol:

That's excellent news Glenda ::):

Bet your daughter's a bit happier now!

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One