Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars!!!

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Cars!!!

They seem really expensive over here. Lots of people seem to think they're cheap but I've seen '91 plated cars going for 3-5k NZD in england that's buy you a 99-01 car? Anyone else think different? How much was your motor Taffy and Welshgirl, what is it?
    If you don't mind me asking :icon_razz:

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Cars!!!

Steve,

I've PM'd you with some info on this subject. For general info, European cars are quite expensive over here but Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, etc (all the Japanese imports) can be picked up cheaply, as can Fords, Holdens (Vauxhalls). It is cheaper overall to run a car here than it is in the UK. Insurance is not compulsory but is advisable.

HTH

netchicken is offline Senior Member

Default Cars!!!

European cars in particular devalue very fast.

However historically cars are rediculously cheap now than in the past.

NickampJacky Guest

Default Cars!!!

We drive a Honda CRV here & looking through various free car-trader magaznines (kindly posted to me by my brother), it seems that the CRV is about the same in ?? to buy in NZ. I guess alot of it is supply & demand. Discoveries seem cheap and Jeep Cherokees are alot cheaper than here ? for ?. Obviously in terms of NZ$ in your pay packet I would agree that they are not as cheap to buy as we would all love.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Cars!!!

I fancied joining the land rove brigade upon my arrival in nz and I didn't think the discovery was particuarly cheap. I might have been looking in the wrong places but all I could find was a barrow load of automatic petrol ones that had a fair few kilometres on the clcok and chunky price tag too.

I kind of talk myself into a Toyota or a Mitsubishi..

I want to take up sailing when I get there and I want a decent beast that I'll be able to tow a small yacht behind..

Also, we all want to start doing more camping and bicycling etc so a nice Land Cruiser or Shogun will be lovely...

NickampJacky Guest

Default Cars!!!

brother tows his ski boat with a Isuzu Bighorn (trooper), auto diesel, 95 plate for $12k, not a bad buy. He swears by it for towing.

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Cars!!!

An Isuzu Bighorn.

I'm buying one, if only because of that name..

Fantatstic..!!

NickampJacky Guest

Default Cars!!!

When he told me that he had a bighorn, i told him it was upto himself what he got upto in his private life. I choaked on my cornflakes when we where there when his wife asked him to move his bighorn as she had to go to work. The possibilities are endless very, very finbarr saunders (if you read Viz).

But yes its an hilarious name, I dont think that the japs considered its literal interpretation outside of Japan.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Cars!!!

Most cars seem to be autos, must be lazy yank influence :smiley36: :smiley18:
    So whens the party on the yaucht craig? :icon_mrgreen:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Cars!!!

Just remember that if you land yourself with a diesel brute, you have to pay road usage fees, which are about 3c per kilometre. But diesel fuel itself is only around 80c ish per litre, so about 30p a litre!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast