Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'old' Introduce yourself!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default The 'old' Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the new improved forum! Please register and introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about your situation, and why you have chosen New Zealand.

All the best
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

neilnkim is offline Junior Member

Default Migration

Hi Taffy

We spoke with the Migration Bureau in London yesterday with regard to a skilled worker visa and were told that only Chartered Accountants would be accepted, that my part qualified status A.A.T - Association of Accounting Technicians would not be sufficient for a successful visa application.

This was our first step to enquire about the possibility of emigrating and feel a little disappointed with the response. Would you be able to recommend any genuine agencies to go through and look at our application seriously or are we no-hopers?

We live in Dorset, England and have a six year daughter.

Neil n Kim

:cry:

Blog Entries

Hi both,
    I'm not really sure of the status of accountancy. I would imagine that it is a case that chartered accountants are on either the priority occupations list or the occupational shortages list, which is why you may have been told you have no chance by the migration company. It may be in your interests to get your qualification assessed by the NZQA to see if it is an acceptable qualification for immigration. I would imagine that if you have a great deal of experience, and can secure a job offer, you should be in good standing, but obviously I couldnt guarantee that!

It may be worth while contacting either the migration group at www.emigration.uk.com or Jay Shadforth at www.immigrationlaw-nz.com. These companies have both been recommended, and I have had personal experience of dealing with Jay Shadforth and found them very helpful.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Chrissy is offline Junior Member

Default Hi from Auckland, New Zealand

[color=blue:65ec7d7bb4][/color:65ec7d7bb4] This is a message for Jay who I assume is Taffy?

I read today an article about you in the NZ Herald, one of the biggest circulations in the country.

I wish you luck on your quest to get here. You and your family will love it when you do. In most places it's a fresh and clean lifestyle, with plenty of activities.

I hope the Immigration people read the article then check out your neat website. New Zealanders love technology, so there's always room for more IT people. NZ was quite famous at one time, for having the highest ratio of Computers per capita, then any other country in the world. Its probably still the same.

Best wishes, and I hope we have you here soon. :D

Cheers
    Chrissy

Blog Entries

Thanks Chrissy,

Hope to be there soon too!!
    Taffy

Inzvestor is offline Junior Member

Hi Everyone

I have done the opposite and have migrated from NZ to the UK to set up and travel around UK and Europe.

I have been here (in London) for 2 1/2 years now and don't plan on returning home for a few more years yet - there is so much of Uk/Europe left to see.

I am a partner in a company called Invest in New Zealand. We aim to give UK residents fair access to the New Zealand Property Market.
    This is useful if you wish to diversify your portfolio or if you plan to emigrate to NZ.
    There are many tax advantages of having property in NZ and also savings to be made (eg no capital gains tax, no stamp duty, depreciation of assets)

We have links to several Immigration Consultants here in the UK and can also assist with mortgage applications and many other services regarding emigration to New Zealand.

Feel free to contact me for more information at any time.

I look forward to offering honest, non-biased, sensible advice.

Kind regards

Glenn

joanbarnard@onetel.net.uk Guest

Default IT jobs website

Hi Taffy,

I just read the NZ Herald and the article about problems you are having. My daughter Sarah runs a very successful IT recruitment company in Auckland www.itmaniacs.co.nz. She emigrated 5 years ago from the UK, working first in the industry and realised that there was room for improvement on the recruitment front. Most employers in NZ apply to agencies for employees.

I`m sure she would be happy to offer advice/help on securing a job and how to get the necessary work permits: e-mail sarah@itmaniacs.co.nz.

My son went out on a work visa obtaining work and his company have agreed to become `accredited' to the immigration department in order that he can apply for a `work to residency' visa. This means he does not have to wait indefinitely not knowing if he will be given residency on the points system. The minimum salary to be considered for this scheme is $45,000 so is something that has to be taken into consideration when applying for a post and asking the employer if they are accredited or willing to becoming accredited. I believe work to residency takes about 2 years to achieve.

My husband and I are both semi-retired and have just been granted permanent residency but because of the very precarious nature of the immigration system were fortunate enough to be able to buy a property in NZ as required for our application, but also hung onto our property and business interests here in UK until we were certain of getting that stamp on our passport. We now feel confident enough to wind down our interests in the Uk and move them over to NZ.

Good luck and give Sarah a call.

Joan

Blog Entries

Hi Joan,
    I've actually sent a CV to ITmanics on the 20th June and also emailed them on the 21st but have received no reply from them. I'm not sure whether this is because they have nothing for me, havent received my email or some other force of nature!

I checked the website and they have nothing listed in my field at the moment, so maybe its just that.

Regards
    Taffy

Joan is offline Junior Member

Default jobs

[quote:5bfac57208="Taffy"]Hi Joan,
    I've actually sent a CV to ITmanics on the 20th June and also emailed them on the 21st but have received no reply from them. I'm not sure whether this is because they have nothing for me, havent received my email or some other force of nature!

I checked the website and they have nothing listed in my field at the moment, so maybe its just that.

Regards[/quote:5bfac57208]

Hi Taffy,

Will speak to Sarah personally and sure she will get back to you to let you know either way.

She is always looking for candidates but as you say might not have anything to suit on the books at the minute but would keep you on the database for future reference.

Joan

Blog Entries

Thank you Joan, I'll look forward to hearing from her :)
    Taffy

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast